The Amsterdam University of the Arts (AHK) provides visa and residence permit services for students who have been admitted to official AHK courses. The visa services are provided by the Central Student Administration of the AHK as an intermediary between the applicant and the Dutch Immigration Service.

Visa services are not required for nationalities of any country within the European Economic Area: EU countries, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco and Vatican City. Nationals of these countries do not need a residence permit to study in the Netherlands.

Which nationalities need a residence permit?
Nationalities of the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan or South Korea require a residence permit (against payment of € 247) for study purposes in the Netherlands. They do not need an entry visa.

Which nationalities must first apply for an entry visa and residence permit?
Students from all countries not listed above require an entry visa and a residence permit (paying €247) for study purposes.
More information about the procedure on the website.

How do you apply for an entry visa and/or residence permit?
For the processing of visa and residence applications, the Amsterdam University of the Arts uses a system called VisaCare. As soon as we receive confirmation that you have been admitted (from the faculty, or you can send proof of admission to, we will register you in VisaCare. You will receive an email with your account details. Once you activate your account, VisaCare will tell you what to do.
On this website you can read which documents you need for your application, but do not send them to us by e-mail. They must be uploaded in VisaCare.