Name teacher/supervisor: Grigori Tchitcherini, Simona Ferrazza, Emanouela Merdjanova
Period, duration: 4 blocks, two lessons per week (2 hours per lesson)
Study load: Contact hours 120 / self-study 775
Contribution to the competences
1. Creative Power
3. Investigative and reflective ability
4. Ability to grow and innovate
6. Communicative Ability
7. Ability to Collaborate
Short summary of the content
The student learns the structure of classical ballet education on the basis of the NBA Syllabus.
Seven teaching years are discussed that are connected to the seven-year Preparatory Course and AD1 year within the NBA structure. (The AD2 year is considered a pre-professional year and so the Syllabus ends in AD1).
Each year is built around the structure of a ballet class: barre, centrework, allegro and pointe work. The student is expected to learn the attainment targets of each year, to be able to create examples of exercises with the attainment targets that can be applied in practice and to be able to apply the principles of NBA Methodology to the different grades.
The attainment targets and connections within the different year groups are clearly discussed and the course deepens into how the NBA teaches the technique, at which moments there are options and which principles are important within the structure and structure of lessons.
Concrete learning objectives
- learns the ultimate goals of the different years within a classical ballet training on the basis of the NBA Syllabus
- is able to create exercises with the learning outcomes and to apply them in practice in lessons
- sees the connections of the end goals of the different classes and reflects on the structure
- is able to create the final goals and exercises within the specified musical requirements and uses the knowledge gained in the subject “Music”
- can reflect on the NBA Methodology and apply it to the different years
- Is able to see the Methodology in a larger context and to form one's own vision
- Is familiar with injury reduction and can apply this in practice
In group lessons, the student learns the NBA Syllabus in order of NBA 1-7. Assignments to create exercises, lessons and put into practice from the learned Syllabus. Self-study assignments per year group of the Syllabus.
Used study material (professional literature, cases, assignments, videos, etc.)
NBA Syllabus, NBA Methodology document. Practical teaching with fellow students and from block 2 within the NBA classes.
Assessment method/test format
Syllabus knowledge and Methodology test in writing. Further practical application tests:
1. teaching for the fellow student
2. teaching in an NBA class.
The knowledge gained in this course is applied in practice as quickly as possible and is closely related to the Music course in particular.