4 days per week, 5 blocks per yr
6 Hours per week, 5 blocks per yr
Bijdrage aan de competenties
1. 1-4, 2. 1-6, 3. 1-3, 4. 1-3, 5. 1-4, 6. 1-4, 7. 1-4
Korte samenvatting van de inhoud
This class stresses the awareness of the body in space that has been emphazised in the previous year: Extension/elongation, folding/unfolding and use of weight to move and project into the space. Organization of the individual body within material that is now familiar will be stressed. The material will be taught at a higher-level expecting that the dancer will be able to articulate, personalize and perform the material faster. The dancer will be encouraged to connect and work with their “present” body and capabilities as a tool for expression and performance. The body as a 3-dimension organism in space, connecting to the musical timing, rhythm. Collaboration with new and unfamiliar teachers and ways of working will be challenge the dancer’s skills, communication, and motivation. Personal development: Is the dancer continuing the development of a systematic approach in order to prioritize, organize and perform complex movement patterns? Are they extending beyond a technical prowess and developing into performing artists?
1. is expected to have developed and improved upon the intermediate stills acquired from the previous year
2. has extended the basic knowledge of ballet vocabulary and awareness of the body in space through the sensibilities of a contemporary dancer and the principles that are included
3. is expected to have experienced and practiced all elements that could potentially be included in an audition process
4. is expected to have developed (or have made steps in developing) into a responsible individual that is able to organize, modify and perform complex movement material without anxiety or stress.
5. is able to learn in an effective and fast manner
6. is developing a performative/artistic presence
Gebruikt studiemateriaal (vakliteratuur, cases, opdrachten, video’s etc.)
Group instruction, In class discussion, private coaching
Wijze van beoordeling
Presentation classes evaluated by MTD staff teachers. Individual assessment based on MTD competencies by head instructor.
Participation, Collaboration, Physical development, Problem solving development
Opmerkingen over bijvoorbeeld samenhang en volgtijdelijke eisen in het licht van het totale programma of andere opmerkingen
The students entering the third year of study must have completed the first two years of compulsory ballet or the equivalent of. The dancers are encouraged to use the experiences and information gathered from the previous years as they approach the movement and the guest teacher.