Name of teacher / supervisor:
Vivianne Rodrigues de Brito, John Taylor, Melvin Fraenk
Total 30 hours, 15 contact hours, 15 self-study hours
3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Coaches support the students in their personal, academic and artistic development.
1. develops their self-awareness and self-knowledge
2. learns to set personal and artistic goals, reflects upon the process of development in order to set new goals.
3. is capable of developing their personal role in the group, and respects and supports others in the development of their own place within the group.
4. collaborates and communicates well within the group and with the staff.
5. learns to construct a meaningful portfolio.
Working method(s) used
Group and individual sessions to maintain an open dialogue with the student, offer advice and share tools that will help students in their learning and development process as well as in acheiving their goals. Regular classroom visits to:
• Observe their learning and working attitude in the classroom.
• Follow their individual development in a period of one year.
• Check if they are applying the tools and strategies to achieve their goals.
• Collect material to work with and discuss about it.
• Observe the group dynamic.
Used study material
Students create a personal portfolio of their development.
Attendance, participation and working attitude. Quality of the portfolio.
Method of assessment:
Learning goals in the class contribute to the overall development of the competency indicators:
3.1, 3.3, 3.5, 4.1, 4.4, 4.5, 5.1, 5.2, 5,4, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 7.2, 7.4
The development of the student in regards to the overall competency indicators will be assessed at integral assessment meetings through combined self-assessment and assessment by teachers, coaches and mentors. This course forms a continuous line with Coaching in years 2 and 3.