Vivianne Rodrigues de Brito
Year 1, block 4 – 4 weeks
7 contact hours per week, 0 self-study hours per week
Bijdrage aan de competenties:
Creative Potential (4)
Communicative Ability (6)
Analytical Ability (7,8)
Professional Social Domain
Learning Ability (20)
Reflective Ability (21)
Korte samenvatting van de inhoud:
In this class students will learn to explore the physics of bodies moving through contact. By supporting and giving each other’s body weight while in motion the students will develop the ability to listen and to creatively respond to what is happening in the moment.
- Understand and utilize creatively the physical forces (gravity, inertia and momentum) while dancing with a partner.
- Are able to roll, slide and pivot the point of contact for navigating over and around their partners and for giving them support.
- Are able to slide and roll out of falls from different heights and are comfortable using the landing gear of hands and feet for shock absorption. Show readiness to be disoriented and out off balance while dancing with a partner.
- Know basic lifts and their stages.
- Are aware of different degrees of muscle tension in the body. Understand skeletal alignment and body –use.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and to give peer-feedback based on the principles taught in the classes.
Theory assignment, watching videos, training, peer teaching and feedback, improvisation, exploration and reflection.
Contact Improvisation – Pallant (2006)
Videos- Steve Paxton (Magnesium and Fall after newton).
Wijze van beoordeling:
Teacher’s evaluation and participation.
Attendance, working attitude (20), physical and artistic development (1, 4, 7, 8, insight and communication. (6, 21)
Students are encouraged to incorporate elements of the Feldenkrais (Awareness Through Movement) classes and Floor work.